8 comments on “City teaming up with Outta Bounds Events in an effort to encourage healthy lifestyles

1. mssnmgmt on said:

I am so glad to see that this is happening. The people of the city of Mission Viejo and surrounding communities can benefit so much from a program like this one. It was one of the saddest days I can remember when ATAC closed their doors this last fall. The people of this area lost a great after school/summer camp program. The children in these programs are much more rounded and stable then if left home while their parents work. I am so thankful that my son went to this program all the years he did.

2. mssnmgmt on said:

3. mvmomof3 on said:

I would like the city to consider supporting a Boys and Girls Club for Mission Viejo. Boys and Girls Clubs is a national organization with a very well organized support network for additional fundraising. Many community, corporate and philanthropic organizations support Boys and Girls Clubs (e.g. Kiwanis, United Way). Boys and Girls Clubs provide excellent programs for children from elementary age through to teenagers. The programs typically include homework time, technology labs, leadership activities, sports teams, and the arts ( see this web page for a description of their programs http://www.bgca.org/programs/), rather than just trips to amusement parks.
    The proposed fees for OuttaBounds Spring Break camp are around $50 per day, which is likely beyond the means of many families, especially single-parent households, families with multiple school-aged children, or families who are struggling in this tough economy. In contrast, Boys and Girls Clubs typically charge very reasonable fees, as the organization has many corporate and charitable donors.
    Many of the surrounding communities in South Orange County have Boys and Girls Clubs (including Irvine, Laguna Beach, Alsio Viejo, San Juan Capistrano and San Clemente), but the entire area including Mission Viejo, Lake Forest, RSM, Coto de Caza, Ladera Ranch, Laguna Hills is without a Boys and Girls Club.
    Please take a moment to check the quality and track record of Boys and Girls Clubs, and urge your city council to support a Boys and girls Club for Mission Viejo.

4. mvmomof3 on said:

5. plymkr44 on said:

First of all, thank you to the City of Mission Viejo for the opportunity to work together and provide programming for school-age youth in the community. We are very excited about this partnership and are looking forward to our first program over Spring Break. In response to the idea of adding a Boys and Girls Club somewhere in the City of Mission Viejo, we agree that this is a great idea. There should be an abundance of choices for families throughout the community. The partnership between Outta Bounds Events and The City of Mission Viejo in no way discourages partnerships with other youth organizations. The proposed programs from Outta Bounds Events are solutions that meet the needs of many families in the community. The fees associated with this programming generate funds that enable the organization to run a program of the highest quality and be staffed by mature and experienced adults. This organization has applied for its 501(c)3 non-profit status and will be looking for ways to enhance its programming and to expand the services that we can provide to the community. The children of our community need these programs and many more. School-age youth need a safe environment where they can participate in healthy activities that allow them to develop the skills necessary to become happy and successful in life. The staff of Outta Bounds Events has the experience needed to create such an environment and to provide safe and engaging activities for the youth of the City of Mission Viejo.

Scott Ramirez
    Executive Director
    Outta Bounds Events

6. plymkr44 on said:

Scott Ramirez
    Executive Director
    Outta Bounds Events

7. houstoncl on said:

I am so glad that there is hope for this program. My son was an ATAC kid for many years and I would recommend the program to anyone in a heart beat. To address the issue brought up about the fees and about other day care organizations. I agree with Scott: people need to have choices. I am a single mom and I agree that day care tuition is an expense, there is no way around that. But the ATAC tuition was well worth it and I have never regretted it. It is like putting your kids in a private school: it is a sacrifice that people make to have the very best for their children. I could not afford a private school, but ATAC was the next best thing before and after school, and during the summer. I had Josh at the YMCA before ATAC and I believe that it was just a little bit cheaper (maybe $10/15 per week) and yet the difference of quality was… priceless. I would have not left Josh at the YMCA, even for free.

I strongly encourage the City to welcome Scott and his team as they are extremely competent, experienced and trust-worthy to take care of the children in the community. They will respond to the most important concerns parents have: they will offer an energetic and original program in a safe environment, where children will have fun, make friends, have new experiences, build character, learn responsibilities, develop team spirit and learn while at play. It is quite an experience to become an “ATAC”… or “Outta Bounds”… family. It stays with you and with your children forever.

You could not have chosen a better team.

8. houstoncl on said:

You could not have chosen a better team.